You have no items in your shopping cart.
0 in stock
Updated T1 WAN Interface Card with Integrated DSU/CSU Simplifies Internet/Intranet Access by Reducing Deployment and Management Tasks.
• Fewer devices and cables to deploy and manage
• Remote and local configuration, monitoring, and troubleshooting via the Cisco IOS Software CLI and Simple Network Management Protocol (SNMP)
• Flexibility and investment protection
• Single-vendor support
• Enhanced reliability
• Physical space savings
• T1 or fractional T1 network interface
• Wet T1 support (not available on WIC-1DSU-T1)
• N x 64 kbps or N x 56 kbps nonchannelized data rates (N = 1 to 24)
• Standards-based, including ANSI T1.403 and AT&T Publication 62411
• Full management features:
– Configuration-Capability for remote configuration via Telnet from Cisco IOS CLI.
– Monitoring-Router and DSU/CSU are manageable as a single SNMP entity; extensive DSU/CSU statistics are provided by the Cisco IOS CLI.
– Troubleshooting-Extensive loopbacks (including manual button for network line loopback), bit error rate tester (BERT) test patterns, alarm counters, and performance reports, all of which are accessible from Cisco IOS CLI. LEDs for carrier detect, loopback, and alarm functions.
BENEFITS OF AN INTEGRATED, FULLY MANAGED SOLUTION
Reduced Deployment, Management Time, and Costs
• Easily configures via Cisco IOS Software initial setup, a utility that prompts a series of basic configuration questions upon router startup.
• Allows simplified remote and local configuration, management, and troubleshooting of the DSU/CSU from Cisco IOS CLI
– Using the familiar Cisco IOS CLI eliminates the need to learn or use command syntax for an external DSU/CSU
– Convenient Telnet or Secure Shell (SSH) Protocol connection to the router eliminates the need for out-of-band management of external DSUs/CSUs
– Cisco IOS CLI provides extensive DSU/CSU statistics (such as 24-hour history) and troubleshooting capability (such as DSU/CSU self test, loopbacks, DSU/CSU reset, alarm counters, and T1 statistics)
• Offers simplified SNMP management, with router and DSU/CSU managed as a single SNMP entity through CiscoWorks/CiscoView. The Cisco T1 DSU/CSU WIC SNMP agent supports the standard MIB II, Cisco integrated DSU/CSU MIB, and T1 MIB (RFC 1406). All T1 performance statistics can be monitored. The router also generates the appropriate SNMP traps in response to DSU/CSU alarms.
• An end-user-initiated manual loopback button allows users at remote sites to easily initiate a T1 network line loopback by pushing a recessed button on the WIC front panel without having to access the router via a console port or Telnet.
• Provides LEDs for carrier detect, loopback, and alarm, allowing for quick troubleshooting.
• Physical convenience-No additional space is needed because the Cisco T1 DSU/CSU WIC is inserted into the router. This integrated solution eliminates the need for a separate serial cable, reducing deployment time and cost.
• High reliability-The integrated DSU/CSU reduces the number of components in the network, leading to higher reliability. The serial cable that connects a router serial port to an external DSU/CSU is eliminated. The integrated DSU/CSU is powered from the router, eliminating the power supply for an external DSU/CSU. The Cisco 2600XM, 3600, and 3700 series are all available with redundant power systems, which cover the integrated DSU/CSU.
Flexibility and Investment Protection
Consistency with WIC-1DSU-T1