The Cisco 7304 1-Port OC-12c/STM-4c ATM Line Card delivers the versatility and high performance to benefit a variety of applications. These applications include high-speed WAN uplinks in customer premises equipment (CPE) deployments, high-speed enterprise
The Cisco 7304 1-Port OC-12c/STM-4c ATM Line Card delivers the versatility and high performance to benefit a variety of applications. These applications include high-speed WAN uplinks in customer premises equipment (CPE) deployments, high-speed enterprise backbone networks, and high-speed uplinks for the Cisco 7304 Router as a medium-density, medium-speed, edge-aggregation router in Tier 2 and 3 service provider points of presence (POPs). The line card uses Small Form-Factor Pluggable (SFP) optics to provide a range of options.
Developed for customers that need a combination of performance and deployment flexibility, the Cisco 7304 meets current and future requirements for a midrange router. The Cisco 7304 delivers high-performance forwarding and hardware-accelerated services in a compact 4-rack-unit (4-RU), 4-interface-slot form factor.
Powerful and flexible, the Cisco 7304 provides multiprotocol support, interface granularity, and high-availability features in a platform that is ideal for deployment in various applications such as high-end enterprise routing, medium-speed and medium-density leased-line aggregation in service provider Tier 2 and 3 POPs, and service provider-managed CPE deployments (Table 1). Providing WAN connectivity at speeds ranging from DS-3 through OC-48/STM-16, and LAN connectivity at speeds up to Gigabit Ethernet (through two 1000 Ethernet ports built into the Cisco Network Services Engine NSE-100 route processor), the Cisco 7304 supports a wide range of concurrently running applications and lives up to the high standards of the Cisco 7000 Series of midrange routers.
The Cisco 7304 1-Port OC-12c/STM-4c ATM Line Card (Tables 2 and 3) includes the following components:
• Full-duplex ATM interface
• Unspecified bit rate (UBR) and variable bit rate (VBR) (not real-time) service classes
• 8 virtual path identifier (VPI) bits/16 virtual channel identifier (VCI) bits
• Support for 16- and 32-bit cyclic redundancy checks (CRCs)
• SPE scrambling
• 2048 active connections per port, 2048 active virtual circuits per board
• Per-virtual circuit and per-virtual path traffic shaping
• Classical IP and Address Resolution Protocol (ARP) over ATM (RFC 1577)
• Multiprotocol Encapsulation over AAL5 (RFC 1483)
• AAL5, F4/F5 operations, administration, and maintenance (OAM) cells
• User-Network Interface (UNI) 3.0, 3.1, and 4.0, Integrated Local Management Interface (ILMI) 3.0.